Thread: Has anyone tried or have opinions on the Poilot PL810 sheet film reel and P2550 tank?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Charles S

Re: Has anyone tried or have opinions on the Poilot PL810 sheet film reel and P2550 t

So as promised, I am reporting back after putting the first batch of 4 sheets through.

The main outtakes are as follows (blinding obvious stuff, I suppose):

1) I found putting the sheets on the spool difficult. This may improve with practice of course, so I would recommend to anyone doing it for the first time to first do some practice runs

2) The spool does not fit in the Durst 2830 tank if you want the chemicals cups attached to the lid. You will need a longer tank. Luckily I have one and was even able to locate it in the dark

3) The tank with the spool needs a lot more chemicals to cover all the sheets, compared to the 2 sheets on opposite sides of the tank that I used previously. I doubled the quantity to 200ml, but it was not enough, all 4 sheets were only partly developed, with the emulsion still on all the sheets for half of the surface.

4) It needs a lot more pre-wash to get the halation layer off with 4 sheets than with 2 (duh), so 5 cycles of 250ml water for a couple of minutes, so the net time gain is debatable.

All-in all, I have the spool, so I will give it another attempt after doing more practice runs and measuring how much liquid I need in the tank, but I don't think it is a slam-dunk improvement over what i was doing before,

That's all for now :-(
    Last edited by Charles S; 17-Jan-2019 at 03:13.