Want to start using this development technique again. Years and two darkrooms ago, I had a revolving door, so I could easily walk in and out of the darkroom every 15 minutes or so. Present darkroom doesn't have a revolving darkroom door, but just has a simple door. I have painted the door frame and floor black and installed a light baffle on the bottom of the door, so now no problems with light leaking in from the outside. But I can't open the door to enter or exit while the film is in the developer because the outside room has windows which light the room up quite well. How do other photographers deal with this? Considering putting the tray in a larger black box and using another inverted box over it, very much like two of the black boxes that our LF film comes in. Has anyone done this? Or is there another solution or technique that people use so as not to have to spend an hour in the darkroom in the dark with nothing to do? Keep thinking to myself that there's an obvious solution out there that has eluded me.
thanks,
Greg

"The French photographer Atget used stand development. Berenice Abbott has described visit to his studio: he would leave his visitor every twewnt minutes to dash into the darkroom to inspect the negative and see if it was ready or not"