Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
Not a fan of the blown-out sky, upper right. It wasn't nearly so contrasty on your flat file so not sure what exactly in the editing process did that. The darker tones have this lifted look, like you overused the shadows/highlights tool.

Your original edit, other than the magenta bias, was much better IMO. This one looks like an overcooked digital file to me. The overall color palette just seems odd. Sorry if that comes of a bit harsh - just my opinion so feel free to ignore.

I still just feel you are trying to wrench this negative film image around to make it look like something it wasn't designed to look like. One thing I feel about color neg film is that adding saturation doesn't look natural (same with digital which doesn't seem to take well to excessive color saturation, turning the image into candy-colored mess).
I liked my original I didn't increase saturation though. In factI pulled it down. It does appear to be cooked as you say. The blown out part I am not a fan of either and it was there to start, but cropping out maybe is too much. I made a print to look at for a while. I am still leaning towards original. The colors in this one are in your face too much I think. The only thing I didn't like with my original was the slight haze on it. However, this image has been saturated by uploading to flickr which is annoying. I appreciate your candor. Comments are valid.

Thanks for input.