I am finally finishing grad school next semester and have decided to produce a 1 off book for my thesis show. I considered making a book with real silver prints but the cost is out of reach for me at the moment and the process of dry mounting them is a bit too complicated at this time. A good friend/mentor has suggested making the book through digital printing which will reduce the costs significantly. He has also mentioned how good hahnemule paper products have gotten and that with proper preparation the prints should look up to snuff.

The book will contain a health mix of 4x5, medium formats, and 35mm. I have decided on the 17" wide rolls of paper so the pages will be 17"x20". A pretty big book. I am just now trying to figure out what that means as far as actual print size. For 35mm I think they would be 15"x10" (actual image size). I think I can get away with a 4800 DPI scan for the 35mm prints but is there anything gained from going to 9800?

I could also use some paper recommendations besides hahnemule. Is the Ilford paper comparable or is hahnemule the absolute king here? I need a paper stock that will be substantial for such a large book but that is also double sided to keep my layouts flexible.