Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
Couple of comments on this topic.

It is my understanding that Intrepid camera is going to metal GG support on the camera back on their next 8x10 production run fairly soon. They claim that the bungie cord works, but they are being responsive to a propensity of camera users that are asking for the inclusion of the spring. I am good with that move. There are unsubstantiated rumors that Intrepid could be going to a dual front standard clamp system - one for rise/fall and one for tilt. I think that could be wishful thinking. The fact is that the camera company is thin in the personal department and as a result informational and/or promotional details are thin if at all. They have their heart in the right place so I do not place fault on them in this regard.

I question the sanity of any photographer that would attempt to use a lens on this camera equal to or greater than the weight of the camera and attempt to call this a problem. Come on man, the attributes of the camera is light weight and light weight is not structurally capable of handling such photographic objectives. If that is your gig, unfortunately this camera is not going to deliver the goods. And you do not have to be educated as an engineer to arrive at this conclusion.
Don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing them by any means, nor do I expect unreasonable things from this camera. I completely understand the choices they made in order to get the product at the price point they wanted. I think it is great that they are doing and I believe they will open up the world of LF to make who have not considered it a viable option previously. I was only asking for peoples experiences because although I am familiar with likely limitations that I know have the potential to be present (lens selection, finish quality, durability) I have not used it myself and therefore was hoping to get experiences from other people.