Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Badger Website

Doug Dolde

Badger Website

Now don't get me wrong I think Badger Graphics is a great resource. But did you see their updated website? I can't stop laughing and the 3rd grade buttons. Maybe Jeff had his daughter color it with crayons.

Badger Website

Ha. At least he posted photos of cameras, which is head and shoulders above what most LF dealers are willing to do.

I know he can't throw $20K to a good designer to redo the site, but there are some templates he could follow that would at least not assault our eyeballs.

The first large format manufacturer/retailer that figures out that photographers appreciate quality websites and decent photos of their goods will prosper.

Badger Website

Too bad the "used" section has kind of disappeared with the makeover. You can find it under "shopping cart", which is counter intuitive. And until two days ago there was a bunch of LF things for sale (mostly lenses) and now it's empty. I like the photos and the product presentations though. I think that after eliminating some bugs like the misplaced used section or some questionable look and feel choices (e.g., the buttons) it will be an OK site.

Badger Website

I was wondering where the used stuff went, guess I just didn't look hard enough.

As with the MPEX site makeover, adding the e-commerce features gives us a design that requires many more clicks to get to a specific piece of information, or just to browse around. Oh, well...

Badger Website

The bed design of the Shen-Hao 8x10 looks a little unusual to me, although I'm not really very familiar with newer premium 8x10 cameras. Did they invent something new, or who did they model it from?
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.

Badger Website

Mike -

It's a ripoff of Dick Phillips' original design, as seen for example in his 8x10 Compact II.

Badger Website

I like the hypnotic footer image--

Badger Website

I'd guess he's probably not finished with the makeover, yet. Last time it took a few days for things to settle (there was a very odd color scheme for a day or so last time).

Badger Website

I must be on the same mental plane as his daughter and her crayons: I can follow along easily. She should do more sites.
    "I meant what I said, not what you heard"--Jflavell

Badger Website

Jeff must have been reading and listening. The buttons have been changed.
    Larry Mendenhall
    www.quiet-places.com