I've just started shooting 4x5, and lately I've been focusing specifically on more architecture type work. I really enjoy a full tonal scale in the image. I've also been working on putting a few submissions together for HABS/HALS/HAER. I've exposed a lot of film but haven't processed any of it yet. I'm also going back to school so I have access to darkrooms, UV light sources, etc and would like to have my negatives be able to work for traditional silver prints, AZO (type) prints (using the new ADOX) and possibly to explore carbon printing and platinum and palladium. I understand that maybe this isn't possible but was thinking that maybe with PMK pyro or Pyrocat I may have more possibilities.

My favorite film lately is TMX 400, though I shot a box of HP5 recently too. I have available to me for free Claytons F76 and fixer, but I'm also considering PMK Pyro or Pyrocat, which of course would not be free but are relatively economical. I also like DDX and Xtol a lot for my 35mm and 120 work, and am willing to try others. For some reason I'm into the romantic idea of PMK pyro and I feel it may do wonders for my highlights on buildings in the bright LA sun.

I'll most likely tray process, though I believe the school has a MOD54/Patterson set up and I own the old school Kodak hangers and tanks.

If you have a minute to check out some of my more recent images on my website here: http://www.pike.photo/los-angeles-20...fzbzt9coar2peg
you can sort of see the tonality that I like in my images. These images of course are all digital but I would love to achieve better tonality than these.

Any thoughts on a direction you might take on a developer?