Hello Thor,

I bet that LF will fit with your vision. You know, camera movements are integral to LF nature, and this allows for a rich set of aesthetical resources. If you are used to shot film then you start with advantage, just there is some adaptation because in LF it can be suitable to make a custom development for each sheet depending on the scene/exposure, with rolls development has to be more generic...

Film is not obsolete at all, well, it can be considered obsolete for most commercial photography, but film also has unique capabilities that are amazing. Star Wars 9 is right now being shot in 65mm film. Principal photography began on August 1, 2018, at Pinewood Studios in London, England. Filming is expected to be completed by February 2019... Recently released Mision Impossible: Fallout also was shot in film.

https://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-...-shot-on-65mm/

I think it's easy to guess why a they work with film medium, today, in this 2018 digital world. There are clear technical advantages. And I think that we are not speaking about people that cannot afford best digital movie cameras in the world, in fact the have it, but for this job (SW9) they use those digital marvels for pre-shots, perparing for the real shooting to be done with Flex gear

IMHO digital is amazing, but film still excels.

Regards,

Pere