Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on DeVere 504 master negative carriers

Re: Question on DeVere 504 master negative carriers

had a friend working at a lab which had Deveres. Hated the carriers and suggested putting proper hinges on some of them, not sure if that went forward or not. Am considering doing this to my carriers as I find the plastic hinges really annoying.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    had a friend working at a lab which had Deveres. Hated the carriers and suggested putting proper hinges on some of them, not sure if that went forward or not. Am considering doing this to my carriers as I find the plastic hinges really annoying.
    I did notice while on my quest for a carrier that KHB had upgraded replacement hinges:

http://store.khbphotografix.com/Hing...-Carriers.html

"Hated" is a bit strong. I've used both carriers for about 20 years. Both work fine. The older one, for my way of working at least, is a little better. If you do get the newer carrier, make sure to get replacement nylon hinges. They do were, but it takes a lot of use! Sure, you could modify the carrier with different hinges. I'm under time pressure at the moment, but I'll take some pictures of the various carriers sometime soon.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

compared to the Durst holders he was using, yup...hated lol. don't know why they didn't just make it two plates ala Omega or Beseler. if I don't add metal hinges, I'm tempted to make it two separate plates and use pins/ bolts to align the them.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Quote Originally Posted by Xia_Ke View Post
    I did notice while on my quest for a carrier that KHB had upgraded replacement hinges:

http://store.khbphotografix.com/Hing...-Carriers.html
    Yup, I bought several pairs for spares for my 5108 carriers. Have never had to use them! L