Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wisner Update?

Wisner Update?

I think the major issue here is that out of the maybe four manufacturers of new ULF cameras, one has died

We dont know he is dead yet, but the rumors seem to be true in this case. If he did close up shop it was his fault and lack of professionalism. If he had been better organized not only do I think he would still be around, but would have been growing.

Wisner Update?

The Wisner company has not died. Maybe undergoing a reincarnation though. He is still sending newly made ULF cameras to his dealers. Emile/www.deleon-ulf.com.

Wisner Update?

He is still sending newly made ULF cameras to his dealers.

Assembling cameras from inventory and shipping them off for payment potentially already made long ago not only makes good business sense, but is cheaper than storing the parts (particularly when you do not have a lot of excess space).

The business litmus test is if any dealers or private buyers have attempted to call the number on the web site to place or inquire about a new order and were either provided a price for the order to be accepted, a future date was provided when said order would be initiated or they got the run around.

Sooner or later any dealer that carries the Wisner banner on their web site needs to know if this product (in whatever form it could manifest itself) will be an integral part of their business plan moving forward. Consumers are much less fickle and have already moved on with the alternatives if and when they need a ULF or LF camera to express themselves.

Sad thing is that my Wisner ULF camera does a great job of making photographs once I got the kinks worked out of it. Just a shame the sequence of events and the lack of information shared on the subject.