Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 years from now .... Ask your question or respond !

Re: 50 years from now .... Ask your question or respond !

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    [...]We are nearly at the top of the human bell curve, in 50 years all bets are off.
    What do you mean Randy?

Every generation becomes less intellectually gifted, or motivated to the same, but they can click-and-go pretending to understand with no personal effort. Is that it?

Before 50 years can pass someone will do the math for every lens design and have a computer program that can simulate the aberrations on an I-phone. Or a galaxy 8 even better. The Struss will have already been worthless because the Chinese will produce them by the thousands. You'll simply go get one on Ebay for 28.88 with free shipping. The better I-phone program will also factor in Eastman Royal Pan or whatever you tell it to. Then you can dial in some dust spots and a human hair or two to really make it look like Jim's photos.

BTW, someone here talked me out of one of the two Struss' recently :~')) '57 Thunderbird money. They are lovely items. Noble at this point in time.

The real answer is you will have experienced Revelation 6 - 19 before that time. Fasten your seat belts.

The original Struss lens, or the 2023 vintage kickstarter/crowdsourced clone?

The answer to the original question (both parts) is probably : too many, or none.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    What's a struss? Never heard of it. And no, I'm not kidding.

- Leigh
    Wrote a bunch of waltzes.

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

My great grand kid will ask: Great grandpa is it true that there was a time when computers called dslrs took photographs? How come they disappeared? Is it true that what we have now (collodion on glass) existed before those computers? Is is true that there was a store called Adorma who did not believe in film?
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by ederphoto View Post
    how many of them will be searching and how much they will be willing to pay for a Struss ?
    Probably nobody, unless one is predicting some neo-Pictoralism fad in the future.

I don't know ! I just have the felling that the 2 year olds playing with iPhones and tablets will get bored eventually and feel the need to do things the hard way . I think that's the reason many big shots like Mark Zuchberng don't let his play with electronics .
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Probably nobody, unless one is predicting some neo-Pictoralism fad in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Before 50 years can pass someone will do the math for every lens design and have a computer program that can simulate the aberrations on an I-phone. Or a galaxy 8 even better. The Struss will have already been worthless because the Chinese will produce them by the thousands. You'll simply go get one on Ebay for 28.88 with free shipping. The better I-phone program will also factor in Eastman Royal Pan or whatever you tell it to. Then you can dial in some dust spots and a human hair or two to really make it look like Jim's photos.

BTW, someone here talked me out of one of the two Struss' recently :~')) '57 Thunderbird money. They are lovely items. Noble at this point in time.

The real answer is you will have experienced Revelation 6 - 19 before that time. Fasten your seat belts.
    What two Struss Jim ? Don't tell me they came up for auction and I missed them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Before 50 years can pass someone will do the math for every lens design and have a computer program that can simulate the aberrations on an I-phone.[...]

Jim, you are simultaneously frightening and enlightening.