These are wet mounted directly to the scanner glass using view scan. I don't like Silverfast that ships with Epson Scanner as it only lets me save the files as 8 bit. Strange that it scans at 16 bit a channel (48 bit) but then converts to 8 bits a channel. I haven't really played with the Epson software yet. I also just ordered the dry/wet scan set u from Better Scanning. I am going to try using the ANR glass in place of the optical mylar when mounting directly to the scanner glass. If it works that is one less consumable I might need to buy. I am also going to try using the Better Scanning system and see if focus can be improved, that way less chance of damaging scanner glass if I can achieve better focus, but so far, what I have seen, mounting directly to the scanner glass is the best.

The first shot is from the Painted Desert in AZ. First ever 4x5. Should have been in landscape orientation though. Second is a b/w night shot of a building in Holbrook, AZ from the same trip as Painted Desert. 4-5 minute exposure on iLford D100. Should have been a 1 hour and 5 minute exposure, but this seems to work nicely. The Painted Desert is shot with Extar 100 and a 3 stop grad nd. Probably didn't need the filter though as this was mid-day and the difference between sky and foreground was 0 stops. Chamonix 45H-1. Don't remember lens used or if used any tilt for landscape one. No tilt for b/w.

More practicing to do, which is the best part of photography, the practice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-03-03-Painted_Desert_201705_Wetscan_Direct_Working_0001.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	175571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-03-03-Young_Building_BW_201705_Wetscan_Direct_0003.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	175572