Curious what folks are using to heat a water bath automatically? Playing human computer by keeping the temperature controlled manually ends up taking quite a bit of time for me, particularly if I have multiple runs I need to do and given the changing temperature of my tap water.

I know lots of folks recommend an aquarium heater. I have one I actually did use in an aquarium (it's an Aqueon) but it's sealed due to being fully submersible and alas only goes to about 85F. Others I've found so far also do not, without modification, get up above 85 or so either. I was looking at one of these. Seems like it would work if I can rig up a means to make sure it doesn't touch the sides or bottom of my container (currently an ice chest) and will get quite hot so I could use it for mixing temperatures too. These look super sketchy though. Anyone tried these?

I know I can just buy a Sous Vide for temperature and circulation and, in fact, almost did, but I got rather deep into Arduino code not only for making a PID based temperature controller, but also for keeping track of development steps and how I could go about building a DIY rotary as well. Most of that code is written as a proof of concept and I just ordered a motor and H-bridge controller board to test it out, though that will take some time (and probably 3D printing) to figure out. Doing all that may take a while but using my own controller lets me iterate on features and potentially end up with a controller that handles a lot of what would otherwise be done separately.

Code is available here if anyone wants to take a gander at it: https://github.com/m00dawg/devdawg