Quote Originally Posted by Johnny LaRue View Post

Anyway, Ari, I have kind of a noob question: I'm so new to bowls that I've only eaten out of them; thanks to your video and description, I understand these things much better now, and I can see the value in having them.
Somewhere on your info page, you talk about "compatibility with other manufacturers" ? What other brands are compatible? Which parts are interchangeable? Bowls or adapters? Both?
If only there were a rule book for these types of tripods.
Thanks
Hi Johnny,
As I said, I've been using a Gitzo bowl adapter with a Manfrotto 75mm leveling bowl on the Berlin; it's worked great, and the heaviest 8x10 cameras were handled with ease.
So there's a lot of compatibility with other manufacturers like Gitzo, Induro and even some less-expensive brands like Desmond or SunwayFoto.
As far as I can tell, they all make the adapters with the same "dovetail" and compatibility is usually assured when it's a "75mm" or "100mm" accessory, as stated in the product description.
The areas I'm less sure about are the exotic video brands, like Sachtler, who have been offering bowls for a long time, but they may still be proprietary adapters.
If anyone can confirm that, I'd be grateful.
Thanks!