I know I'm bound to hear that more than once or twice (the max height), but we considered a lot of configurations before deciding upon this one.
It hits a sweet spot for portability, to be sure, but more importantly, the stability of the tripod is just plain awesome.
That's the reason, in part, that we left the center post out of production. The overall stability would have been compromised somewhat, compared to a bowl configuration.
And we're finding that a lot of our customers are simply removing the center post right away and never using it.
Add to that we're a small company, and we simply can't make 5-6 variations on one tripod.

Longer leg sections here would have added some minor vibration, as would a fifth section.
I've been championing this tripod for LF/ULF because the cameras are so inherently tall, and the tripod won't prevent you from going wherever you like.
My 6' tall friend is the owner of the Sinar in the photo above, and the tripod is just perfect for his height and the camera he uses.