Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
I agree with removing the power supply, as Durst electronics are not reliable, and over-engineered to a fault...
In my opinion, they have been reliable decades ago.
Reading the electrical drawings sounds very professional and brainful.
The Dursts have been sold to thousands of professional photographers who normally preferred reliable equipment.

What we are using today is a 40 to 50 years old electric box, which often layed in dark cellars before.
Not using this units is of course the second reason for a sudden death.

""But the power supply might be reading high if you are measuring the voltage not under load (without the lamp in circuit)...""

This step could be the main reason for killing EST units - I have been taught never to start them without lamps in circuit.

JP, after reading my EST 300 / CLS 300 repair manual twice, there are some possible reasons for destroying your bulbs.
Unfortunately this manual is for german voltage only, but listen, their exist two versions of my EST 301 one for 220 Volt, and another for 240 Volt.
So it may exist 120/140 or other versions?
Check this first, because this results in different control units.
Changing the main voltage results in changing the bulb voltage, which the EST has to avoid via special groups, and maybe one of this groups has too much to do, or is already broken.

I am not able to translate the complete manual, and of course I am missing electrical knowledge, but I am sure that an electric special force could run your 301 after checking and/or adjusting the EST unit.

The main part of your EST is stabilizing the voltage to the bulbs which gives best results to your prints.
Try not to give up this option.

The unit contains thermo control and upheating systems, so after plugging to voltage, waiting for some minutes is required - says the manual.

Best,
Ritchie