Thread: Cable release mechanism on an older triple lever (yellow, blue, red) copal 3 shutter?

Cable release mechanism on an older triple lever (yellow, blue, red) copal 3 shutter?

It seems that the standard copal shutter release nub is not present on these. Are they still able to be released by a standard cable? If so where does the cable attach?

PS: I don't have a physical copy to deduce this, only looking at some photos.

Re: Cable release mechanism on an older triple lever (yellow, blue, red) copal 3 shut

Quote Originally Posted by l2oBiN View Post
    It seems that the standard copal shutter release nub is not present on these. Are they still able to be released by a standard cable?
    I'm afraid I'm lost. Can you post a picture of a 'triple lever' Copal? I have a couple shutters with adjustable synchro speeds marked in colors. They do have ordinary cable releases. A photo would help.

Re: Cable release mechanism on an older triple lever (yellow, blue, red) copal 3 shut

The flash synchro socket is protected inside a raised collar. The cable release socket is between the flash socket and the shutter trip lever, which has a blue painted circle. A standard cable release will work. The preview lever has a yellow circle, and the cocking lever is red. On this example, the yellow painted circle is missing.

Photo:

Kumar

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro