Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Help finding an 8x10

Re: Help finding an 8x10

Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    Intrepid are about to run Kick-starter campaign for 8x10 camera if the budged is issue. They will be going for £450.- brand new, which is fantastic price!
    That's great news! The Intrepid people were on APUG a few years ago asking what members wanted in a budget 4x5 camera. I told them then that there were not a lot of great options out there for budget 8x10 cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    That's great news! The Intrepid people were on APUG a few years ago asking what members wanted in a budget 4x5 camera. I told them then that there were not a lot of great options out there for budget 8x10 cameras.
    I can't wait for this. I'm working with 4x5 for quite some time, always wanted to try 8x10 but never really felt like spending that crazy money these cameras usually go for. Plus the weight in indeed unpractical. Intrepid are making wooden constructions that look solid enough. Light for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by biedron View Post
    The Harrison changing tent by Camera Essentials is great. For 8x10 the "Jumbo" size is much more comfortable to use, but the "Regular" size will do in a pinch, or if you mostly shoot 4x5 and only occasionally shoot 8x10.

Bob
    +1

Is there any information on the web about the intrepid/kickstarter project ?

Well they released a video on their social media channels that the kickstarter will be out in May for the 8x10.

https://twitter.com/Intrepidcamera

Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    Intrepid are about to run Kick-starter campaign for 8x10 camera if the budged is issue. They will be going for £450.- brand new, which is fantastic price!
    If the camera can't handle vintage brass lenses..it is a no go for me....That is why i chose to get Kodak 2D 8x10's.

Hi Everybody

I've been given a lot of advice from a number of members, but a special thank you to Luis.

As an update I have purchased a Deardorff V8 from a forum member - which looks to be beautiful.
    I also purchased from a forum member an Artar 18", which has been much loved. Now looking out for a Kodak WF 250mm/10" Ektar - so anyone with any leads would be much appreciated.
    I scored a few second hand 8x10 holders off ebay. Still looking for 2-3 more.
    I ordered a Ries J200-2 Tripod + J250-2 Head.
    I have a BlackJacket coming.

What more do I need?

1. a long throw cable release
    2. a loupe for focusing
    3. A backpack for taking my Deardorff, a few lenses, some film holders etc into the field.

Any advice on products and where to buy, would be much appreciated.

I have to say how encouraged I am by the constructive nature of this forum. A very different set of cultures and attitudes than the Leica forum I used to frequent!

Thank you.

Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Phovsho View Post
    Hi Everybody

I've been given a lot of advice from a number of members, but a special thank you to Luis.

As an update I have purchased a Deardorff V8 from a forum member - which looks to be beautiful.
    I also purchased from a forum member an Artar 19", which has been much loved. Now looking out for a Kodak WF 250mm/10" Ektar - so anyone with any leads would be much appreciated.
    I ordered a Ries J100-2 Tripod + J250-2 Head.

What more do I need?

2. a loupe for focusing
    3. A backpack for taking my Deardorff, a few lenses, some film holders etc into the field.

I have to say how encouraged I am by the constructive nature of this forum. A very different set of cultures and attitudes than the Leica forum I used to frequent!

Thank you.

Murray
    You're on your way Murray. Film, you need film, not much good without film! Hopefully you can get that in NZ without having to import if from here. If not, there are plenty of choices, B&W has been my film go to for 20 plus years! Can't help much with the cable release, I bought mine over 30 years ago and they still look like new! I think they were made in Japan, but don't quote me. Maybe Kumar can chime in. The Nikon AR3's look nice and B&H has them.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...e_Release.html

For focusing I use a pair of 5x reading glasses that I had made years ago. Also have a Toyo Loupe, but usually use the readers. I'm too old for a backpack. I'd rather a cart to pull behind me with the camera in a case. Daniel Stone makes great camera wraps, I've bought 4 from him and I just ordered a 5' x 7' darkcloth from him for the V11.

I think you'll be very pleased with the Deardorff, I would have bought that one myself if I hadn't just bought another one a couple of weeks prior! What are member's thoughts on using a 250 SF Fujinon instead of the WFE? I'm planing on using the SF as a wide lens for the V11 and just stop it down so it's sharp! Anyone's thoughts on this? L

Quote Originally Posted by Phovsho View Post
    Hi Everybody

I also purchased from a forum member an Artar 18", which has been much loved. Now looking out for a Kodak WF 250mm/10" Ektar - so anyone with any leads would be much appreciated.
    I ordered a Ries J200-2 Tripod + J250-2 Head.

What more do I need?

2. a loupe for focusing

Thank you.

Murray
    One thing you may want to come up with or purchase is protection for the ground glass during transport. I made my own but, I'm sure someone makes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris7521 View Post
    One thing you may want to come up with or purchase is protection for the ground glass during transport. I made my own but, I'm sure someone makes them.
    I used to make them as well. Here is the my last for a Deardorff V8, shown partially withdrawn. I would make a batch but I doubt there is enough demand to make it worthwhile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	groundglass-protector-main.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	163902