Hi guys,
My name is Pascal, I live in Montreal and I Just got myself an Eversmart Pro Scanner, (the first version) I save it from the trash..I didn’t have the opportunity to scan yet because I don’t have a calibrated slide for now.. but I will have one soon and I‘m pretty excited!

by the past I had a Minolta damage scan Pro for color medium format only , But I have never use an Eversmart flatbed.. I’m planning to scan mostly 4x5 and 6x7 negative color and sometime maybe a few color slide.

I just saw on this forum some comparaison between the Eversmart pro and the Scanmate 11000 drum scanner made by Pali, and the quality of the result are impressive!

In fact I wonder if you guys will be open to share a bit your experience/workflow with the Eversmart Pro it will help me a lot.

For the best scan quality.. I was thinking to do like a raw/linear scan with Eversmart scan software in OS9 and then export it to my more modern intel mac for post process…But maybe I’m wrong
What do you think ?
How do you scan with the ever smart Pro ?

As for your workflow wich software/operating system do you use?

I also wonder if there is a way on the Eversmart Pro1 to save, export or just convert the negative color scan in 16bit?? If yes How ??
Also anybody know if I can use a Eversmart Pro1 with a converter firewire scsi (like the device made by Ratoc or by Orange) on OSX with Oxygen Scan software ...instead of OS9 and Eversmart Scan software?
If yes wich Oxygen Scan software version will work on a powermac G4?..And does it really make a difference in terms of efficacy/quality vs Os9 plus Eversmart scan software combo?

That a lot of question..
Thanks a lot for your time and your help
Happy new year!

Pascal