Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Micro table saw for making pinhole cameras.

Drew Wiley

Re: Micro table saw for making pinhole cameras.

You're lucky to be next to a shop. I have the opposite problem of just not knowing where to store all the wood scraps. Small pieces go into waterproofed plastic
    garbage cans for storage outdoors, and things like long mouldings, including picture frame mouldings, go in ten foot sections of vinyl raingutter resting on my
    shop rafters. Sheet goods are still a headache. I have an old neighbor up the street who got donated scraps of all kinds of exotic wood from really high-end furniture makers, and made a variety of fun things out of them until a stroke finally rendered him unable to do so. Dry cherry, maple, and walnut are common
    and useful for cameras. Doubt I'll ever make one. Got too many now. A slick little table saw that workers still covet is the Inca system (not Incra). But I've gone
    full modern "Euro shop" myself. A lot safer, cleaner, and takes up far less space.

This might be too small table saw for an ULF project but I'm sure you'd find a way to adapt this YouTube project to your needs .
    https://youtu.be/gaa5UqS1CcM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Philippians 4:8

Greg;
    Just curious about your mention of the pinhole camera local school project. Was that something initiated by the school or a project you thought of. I've considered running some kind of class locally into pinhole photography but haven't gone past the daydreaming phase. I had thought of a camera using regular 4X5 film holders as that is a lot simpler than running back into the darkroom or using a changing bag every time you want to load up an new shot. My design for a camera is made from 1/4 inch hobby plywood and 3/16 black on black foam core. It has went through many versions but I think I have it narrowed it down to the least pieces and time to construct. Using photo paper as a negative makes processing simpler and is low cost compared to 4X5 film.