Greg:

I have been searching (unsuccessfully, thus far ...) for an OEM sodium vapor replacement bulb for my Thomas Safelight.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would kindly your share your supplier!

Thank you.
Drewf64

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Another update on the darkroom by the OP.

Probably have repainted my sink a dozen times with Rust-oleum Restore 4X Deck Coat paint. Always looks great and all the layers of paint have given the sink's surface some resiliency. Twice recently have accidentally knocked over a glass graduated cylinder, and both times it did not break.

Permanently installed Durst 1200 with a variable height baseboard that lowers down to the floor. Everything painted black. Power unit and timer on a shelf above the counter. Leaves the counter top completely free and actually easier to use the timer.

Was able to acquire an OEM Thomas sodium vapor safelight replacement bulb. Now don't have to worry if or when the original bulb fails.

Print inspection light over the fixer and wash tray was a Kodak safelight with a 60w bulb. Worked but not all that well, so installed a Graphiclite desk top viewer on a counter in the middle of the room. Now have to carry the wet print in a tray over to the viewer. Minor inconvenience but not enough to matter.

Print drying racks located under the sink: Prints were taking too long to dry because of little air circulation. Installed 2 small "computer" fans behind the racks which circulate the air and make for excellent drying times.

Now have 3 GraLabs above the sink. Acquired one GraLab that only buzzed when the time was up... found it annoying and useless.

Have a stool to sit on when processing film along and a "portable" book holder that attaches to the front of the sink. Much more convenient.

Bought and installed an ARISTA high intensity UV light unit from Freestyle for alternative processes. Love it and can recommend it 100%.

Above the counter where I unload film holders, have a half sheet of 4x5 film with rounded corners hanging from a cord. If I'm having a hard time removing the film from the holder, use it to easily lift up the edge of the film.

Removed the small dark green? Kinderman film inspection light. Eyes getting too old to judge processing by inspection.

Greg