Dear All,

I am new to this forum, introducing myself last week or so. I am representing a group of total beginners in LF photography from Greece, and since none of them speak English very well they have asked me to represent them in forums, etc.

I have a question from a member of the group, which is regards to focusing in LF. It goes as follows:

"When we focus in LF photography, isn't it like zooming a bit? I mean it should have an impact on what we see on the ground glass, as we are moving the lens or film plane backwards or forwards, right?"

I told them that it doesn't work exactly like this, as there are no zoom lenses in LF photography. It is more like - so to speak - moving the whole camera closer or further away from the subject (they are used to 35mm cameras), which will result in a small "zoom" (I explained to her, that I actually mean the going closer or further away with the camera) effect, but we wouldn't call it this.

I might not have explained it very well, that's why I decided to make a post here a well. Was not sure in which category to post, as it has to do with various elements, but I felt that the lens category would be ok for this.

Also I want to try and explain to them the theory behind bellows correction, but I haven't found much. I have seen this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wprcq9HMGVs, but do not know if it's applicable to 4x5 cameras or only to 8x10.

Anybody that can point me to the right direction with an example, a link or otherwise, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all for your time.

Regards...