Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ideas where to look for a 2nd hand 8x10 enlarger(no ebay links..thx)..in Europe

ideas where to look for a 2nd hand 8x10 enlarger(no ebay links..thx)..in Europe

would Anyone have suggestions where to look for a used 8x10 enlarger?could use some ideas here..or could you tell your story how you found yours to give me-us an idea?not ebay-or auction sites..
    im located in Barcelona,but i can pay for shipping..anyone has some ideas where would be possible to find one?graphic arts places?
    if you have one that you would give away-sell for a small price,Please contact me,and we can talk it over!
    Thanks Everyone!
    zsolt

Re: ideas where to look for a 2nd hand 8x10 enlarger(no ebay links..thx)..in Europe

There is a dealer in the UK for used enlargers www.secondhanddarkroom.co.uk they don't seem to show a 8x10 now however it may be useful to contact them and ask. My experience with the website is that it does not work with Internet Explorer however it does work with Google Chrome.

Re: ideas where to look for a 2nd hand 8x10 enlarger(no ebay links..thx)..in Europe

Join as many forums that are EU specific and bleat. Meaning keep asking and talking about what you want.

Sooner or later you will have it.
    Tin Can

10x8 enlargers are becoming much harder to find. I bought my De Vere 5108 on ebay about 12 years ago and at that time there would be 30-40 5x4 and maybe 2 or 3 10x8 De Vere's listed whenever I looked, Now they are rarely listed there's no 5x4's but a 5108 UK and a 10x10 in Canada, this usually means they sell easily, £950 is reasonable now for a 5108 but $55,000 means the one in Toronto is going to be hard to sell. I'm sure Bob Carnie had similar enlarger maybe slightly larger.

Almost all sellers will want you to collect and dismantle it yourself, I had to hire a van to pick up mine. The cost and time taken todismantle, package and then ship a 10x8 enlarger will put most sellers off.

Ian

I found mine in the US through Craigslist. Not sure if there is such a website in España. I would look in such and as you said, graphic arts and old photo processing labs. As Ian said, they are getting harder to find. There's one in the US with a complete darkroom for around $3k, I'm frankly surprised it hasn't sold. Good Luck. L

If you are in Barcelona join Formatomedio.eu and granformato.eu. maybe someone has one. I have one ans Im in Bilbao, but not for sale. Another friend has one in Girona but dont think he wants to sell. In madrid I know of 4 of them but in use at the moment. Let me know if you need help here, i moderate both forums.

Thanks for the ideas everyone!and specially thanks Randy for the encouraging!
    i know,noticed that they are more rare nowadays..and the ones i found cost as much as my house
    but hope dies last!specially mine

zs.

Nicolasllasera Thanks!
    Pm-ed you!

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    I found mine in the US through Craigslist. Not sure if there is such a website in España. I would look in such and as you said, graphic arts and old photo processing labs. As Ian said, they are getting harder to find. There's one in the US with a complete darkroom for around $3k, I'm frankly surprised it hasn't sold. Good Luck. L
    I think the $3k one is spoken for (although, unfortunately, not by me).

Maybe two or three month ago, one guy offered a Durst 8x10 in our german LF forum, working best, and recently overhauled from Mr. Kienzle, if my memory is ok.
    I don't know, if it has been sold, but I don't think so.
    It's a 3000 Euro thing, but worth every cent what I have seen.
    This guy has a very good reputation here, so if you are really interested, feel free to ask for further steps...

Ritchie