Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Marketplace Rules are Too Restrictive

Re: The New Marketplace Rules are Too Restrictive

+2 totally agree.

Ian

multiplex

i think this website is run by a group alligned with the illuminati.
    they are turning us into sheep, robbing us of our rights. their new world order
    is one where people aren't allowed to bump, badger, harass or post nonsense in want/sell ads,
    and to think they suggest it is just to cut down on the alleged 9 out of 10 site complaints ( related to the classifides )
    pretty soon they will insist this isn't a pay-site, and the classifides section isn't the main function of the website.
    i'm about to ask for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i think this website is run by a group alligned with the illuminati.
    they are turning us into sheep, robbing us of our rights. their new world order
    is one where people aren't allowed to bump, badger, harass or post nonsense in want/sell ads,
    and to think they suggest it is just to cut down on the alleged 9 out of 10 site complaints ( related to the classifides )
    pretty soon they will insist this isn't a pay-site, and the classifides section isn't the main function of the website.
    i'm about to ask for a refund.
    Chuckle.

Even worse, the illuminati might even mention that they aren't being paid for all the extra work that a few want them to do.

No good deed goes unpunished.
    Tin Can

I will add my two cents: it's a pain to NOT be able to edit your for sale posts when things sell.

For example, I post three lenses for sale. Two of them sell. But all three are still listed, in the title and body of the post. Guess which lenses I keep getting PM's about? The ones that already sold! Sure, I can write a post at the bottom that they have sold, but no one reads that.

Combine that with draconian limits on storage of PM's, my PM box keeps getting filled up. Here, let me give you 50 cents so you can afford to give me 500x more storage space for PM's.

That combined with no bumping, no comments or questions from users, no editing, no title changes... why do you even have a "for sale" forum at all?

Not that I care that much personally; I've given up on large format film due to time constraints.

But, it HAS been interesting watching this site change as the moderators have put it into a stranglehold. Will they squeeze all the life out of it in the coming years? Stay tuned.
    -Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    The current rules just prove that the management cares absolutely nothing about buyers or sellers.
    They correct a contrived problem that does not exist in reality.

There were occasions in recent weeks when I could have added requested information to FS/WTB threads.
    This would have benefited both the seller and the prospective buyer.

Since I was unable to post the information, everybody lost out.

- Leigh
    I was going to give you a thumbs up or +3 but then remembered that it wouldn't count because my post count isn't high enough... (I do read here quite a bit)

The mods stated that they wanted a "craigslist" instead of a friendly community yard sale type FS forum. They got it no matter how people really feel about it. Maybe more of us should have gotten involved with the original "discussion" about the changes since on any forum you can count on 75% of vocal users will blindly and enthusiastically support any mod changes.

It's done, most don't like it and we have to live with it....

I would personally love to see all the dissidents get together to start a new LF forum, with all of them being mods. What a thing to follow

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    The current rules just prove that the management cares absolutely nothing about buyers or sellers.
    They correct a contrived problem that does not exist in reality.

There were occasions in recent weeks when I could have added requested information to FS/WTB threads.
    This would have benefited both the seller and the prospective buyer.

Since I was unable to post the information, everybody lost out.

- Leigh
    Leigh,

Did you provide that information to the seller using PM or email?

Rick "wondering" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by RichSBV View Post

I would personally love to see all the dissidents get together to start a new LF forum, with all of them being mods. What a thing to follow

Did you mean something like this? - https://forum.on.photography/

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Leigh,
    Did you provide that information to the seller using PM or email?
    Rick "wondering" Denney
    Probably not.

What would I accomplish by doing so?

My intent was to provide information TO THE COMMUNITY, whatever that is.

We can all communicate in private, using a public list of email addresses.
    What does that accomplish? And how much time would it take?

As I have said previously, and will repeat with my dying breath...
    There was NO problem that required correction in the first place.

I'm a mod at PracticalMahinist.com, the largest machine-focused site in the world, with more than 1.1 million unique visitors each month.
    We have separate FS, WTB and related sections due to the volume of traffic.
    We have no such encumbering and inconveniencing rules, and we have no issues.

Treat the members like adults, and ... surprise surprise ... they act like adults.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

We've already had a couple of threads posted in the public forums to address "issues" with listed items (real or perceived).

I'm not sure that engenders good feelings in the community, making a thread to "correct the record" on listed items. Are we always to assume it was an honest mistake, or is there an element of accusation there? Yes I am aware the same could be said to a reply on the listing, but my personal opinion is that it is worse to make a thread specifically to call out a seller/listing.

I have seen items described incorrectly or incompletely. I do not PM the seller - because they may not care or want to add information / correct things, and so are they going to be argumentative? Or if they don't correct it, and it's critical, do I call them out and be the "bad guy?" Of course this depends on the situation. Some things are harmless. Even before the new rules I once corrected someone describing what they had in the thread and was ignored - but at least potential buyers who didn't know, would know, right?
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome