View camera movements : monorail vs folding cameras for architecture photography (or : who has been using a Master Technika for architecture)?

Hi everybody (from France)

For architectural photography, the placement of the camera is often limited by s urroundings (narrow streets ...) and may often need important adjustments for pe rspective controlling.

On the other hand, I consider that a folding camera is very convenient for its r elatively light weight and way of setting up, and IMHO, very beautiful. I also c onsider the rangefinder device as an advantage for + quick shots ; when the sett ing up of the camera on a tripod is impossible or too long.

Among all folding cameras, the Linhof Master Technika has the most important mov ements (300 front tilt, 150 front swing, 3 inches front shift, 2.2 inches front rise & fall, 200 back tilt and swing). Mechanically speaking, it's a piece of je welry.

Who could tell me if these movements are sufficient for architecture, considerin g the characteristics of modern lenses in terms of circle of coverage and angle of view (principally wide angle lenses) ?

Im also looking at the Linhof Technikardan, who has additional back rise & fall , back shift. But the fact that the Master Technika has geared front rise & fall seems to be a n advantage. IMHO, rise and fall movements seems easier and more precise with geared controls than with free ones (like the TK) for fine adjustements, considering the weight of the lenses (3350 to 700 g).

Im right or not ?