This is pretty much a users site, but many of us use vintage and antique equipment. How many consider themselves to be collectors?

Even if collecting is a minor part of your life.

Another topic:

I was thinking about the vintage items that are sky-high desirables; the Lanthars, Heliers and low S/N Summicrons etc (you pick your own "Holy-Grail", but other stuff also brings collectors interest.

When I was a teenager in the 1960s, I got a few WW-II era, surplus bayonets through mail-order for <$5 each. Today they are all well over $70 and one of them brings hundreds. Sadly, they have all been gone for decades.

So what would it be today? What item(s) that are commonly available today will be the high-dollar scarce desirable of our grand children's time? Think more generally than just photography. Will a pristine, in-the-box, NOS example of something sold on TV be "IT"? Think of a Sham-Wow or Snuggie. What about some variety of miracle non-stick cookware, or maybe some specific brand of bed sheets? Will the know-it-alls on some iteration of ?Antiques /roadshow in 2046 think my computer desk is a classic example of user assembled particle board furniture?