and moved it to my last and current studio

Last year I installed an Intreped LED head

with the unique design for De Vere

Very custom and very well done

I admire Intrepeds ability to deliver amazing products

Yes I sold my first Intreped 54 and broke even, no buyer complaint

and I really like my new 10 X 8 Series 4

Max, keep on Trucking!
    Do you still have the wall mounted parts? Saves me having to machine my own bits and pieces.
    The Container Lab
    www.thecontainerlab.com/blog

Re: De Vere Enlarger factory

Yes, but used on another wall mount enlarger

The bottom mount has all the weight

Top is easy

Quote Originally Posted by calebarchie View Post
    Do you still have the wall mounted parts? Saves me having to machine my own bits and pieces.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    I believe Odyssey is doing it: http://odyssey-sales.co.uk/
    Odyssey will happily sell you a new De Vere (504 or 5108) - if you have deep enough pockets. I recall they also have enough parts to build one more 515 if you really needed one.

If you ask John Boyce he'll give chapter & verse on how the China factory came to be. I would not be totally surprised if the Intrepid head came about from a similar wager - and a market that wants both colour & MG heads on the same machine (when a lot of De Veres were sold originally with Cathomag or Varicon heads).

Should probably get in contact with John again, got a floor stand (for a DVW) that's surplus to requirements - if you have a spare sub-baseboard casting for the DVB model, you'll probably get a good price for it from Odyssey (lots of wall mount De Vere 504's out there, but most demand today for 504's is for the bench version) - wall brackets are also available from stock.

Quote Originally Posted by interneg View Post
    Odyssey will happily sell you a new De Vere (504 or 5108) - if you have deep enough pockets. I recall they also have enough parts to build one more 515 if you really needed one.

If you ask John Boyce he'll give chapter & verse on how the China factory came to be. I would not be totally surprised if the Intrepid head came about from a similar wager - and a market that wants both colour & MG heads on the same machine (when a lot of De Veres were sold originally with Cathomag or Varicon heads).

Should probably get in contact with John again, got a floor stand (for a DVW) that's surplus to requirements - if you have a spare sub-baseboard casting for the DVB model, you'll probably get a good price for it from Odyssey (lots of wall mount De Vere 504's out there, but most demand today for 504's is for the bench version) - wall brackets are also available from stock.
    I keep getting a person asking me if I want to sell my 515, ( not in my lifetime it seems) unless of course he makes me an offer I cannot refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Yes, but used on another wall mount enlarger

The bottom mount has all the weight

Top is easy
    No worries, was mainly after the handles and linking shaft/pulley but sounds like they are in use. I think I asked John yonks ago but either he didn't have all the bits or it was very expensive.
    The Container Lab

Quote Originally Posted by calebarchie View Post
    No worries, was mainly after the handles and linking shaft/pulley
    Are you trying to turn a floor standing 5108 into a wall mounted one? The short handles & wall brackets are available from Odyssey & a few other places, but if you are going to completely re-string a DVF so that it effectively works as a DVW/DVB, that's a much bigger, messier undertaking ('hours' I was told). Easiest way (from what I recall from discussing with John about 5 years ago) was possibly to make handles that interface with the rotating bosses either side of the column - though they'll rotate the opposite way from normal. Never took it any further as I found a pin-reg 5108 DVW locally & already had the parts to turn it into a DVB in about as long as it took to do up the bolts.

Just want to make sure I understand acronyms, DVF = floor mount, DVW=wall and DVB=baseboard ? My 5108 (currently needs some work done on it, it's a closed loop) doesn't have the front mounted handles that my 504 has. If I got it working again, would love to have front mounted controls but guessing that is a rather serious task ?
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    Just want to make sure I understand acronyms, DVF = floor mount, DVW=wall and DVB=baseboard ? My 5108 (currently needs some work done on it, it's a closed loop) doesn't have the front mounted handles that my 504 has. If I got it working again, would love to have front mounted controls but guessing that is a rather serious task ?
    Acronyms are correct. Your 5108 sounds like a DVW on the floor stand - and yes, turning a DVW/ DVB into a DVF is a major undertaking, as the controls need to interface with the mechanics of the drop table used on the DVF models (so that the handles move). From what I've been told, the closed loop ones are a bit troublesome - at least the bulbs used allow for rewiring the system to allow more conventional control.

Quote Originally Posted by interneg View Post
    Are you trying to turn a floor standing 5108 into a wall mounted one?
    Yes, I spoke to John around the same time and he mentioned the same thing. Its been in storage since, but last time I had a look at it I recall just needing to replace the shaft with the cog that drives chain for the floor mount chassis. In my case, the column is the later grey one that is capable of motorisation so may as well chuck on some steppers too then attach manual handles to opposite end of the new shaft. Big project but its what I like to do!
    The Container Lab

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Agree, my 504 De Vere is also the most tuneable stages

I bought the wall mount chassis, no head 8 years ago

Then found the bench and long handles a year later

and moved it to my last and current studio

Last year I installed an Intreped LED head

with the unique design for De Vere

Very custom and very well done

I admire Intrepeds ability to deliver amazing products

Yes I sold my first Intreped 54 and broke even, no buyer complaint

and I really like my new 10 X 8 Series 4

Max, keep on Trucking!
    Hi Tin,

How is the LED head from Intrepid compared to original color head?

Best
    Jack