Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Incoming Saltzman!

Re: Incoming Saltzman!

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    ic-racer: Those pictures are of my Saltzman done when I had begun rebuilding it. Thanks! I lost the pictures.
    So can you post some photos of what the finished beast looks like? L

Jac's is beefier than the one Randy and I just moved.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Yes, all the fasteners were replaced, and the uncoated bolts were painted with a very thin layer of zinc before installing. The fasteners are SA, high grade. Note the universals and shafts - good old farm supply 1/2" steel.

The two hand wheels - one raised and lowered the head/film holder, the other moved the head/film holder forward and back. I added two more gears to move the head left/right. Unfinished. I quit the rebuild when I lost my place to install the enlarger, but I was working on another control to focus the bellows; never finished.

One of the three lensboards was drilled and tapped for a universal iris-clamp, but I cannibalized that for my camera.

The head unit superstructure is sitting under a tarp, pretty badly surface rusted. I promised this enlarger to Peter De Smidt. I still have to clean up the head rods. Having mobility problems;
    living on Ibuprofen.

Oh, Randy Moe - my condensers are 14" in diameter in a conventional stack and held in-place with a common sheet steel tube bent on a sheet metal brake.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    So can you post some photos of what the finished beast looks like? L
    It was never finished. It is all in parts - very nicely restored and painted.

I am not restoring, as this one does not need it. It has some patina which is good. It will get new chains, new bellows and DIY LED oversize head, 12 x 12 at least.

Here is how I left it last night. I used 2x3 to get the weights out and now it's a handy way to lift it. Leverage works.

IMG_2733 by moe.randy, on Flickr
    IMG_2734 by moe.randy, on Flickr
    IMG_2735 by moe.randy, on Flickr
    IMG_2736 by moe.randy, on Flickr
    Tin Can

Randy, the parts you show are just like mine.
    Oh, when I see a brass drift, I know the man is a mechanic.

And holy cow! I see the base of exactly the studio stand I have!
    And that old square camera box! The same!
    If your floor were far more cluttered, it could be my garage.

Yes, all the fasteners were replaced, and the uncoated bolts were painted with a very thin layer of zinc before installing. The fasteners are SA, high grade. Note the universals and shafts - good old farm supply 1/2" steel.

The two hand wheels - one raised and lowered the head/film holder, the other moved the head/film holder forward and back. I added two more gears to move the head left/right. Unfinished. I quit the rebuild when I lost my place to install the enlarger, but I was working on another control to focus the bellows; never finished.

One of the three lensboards was drilled and tapped for a universal iris-clamp, but I cannibalized that for my camera.

The head unit superstructure is sitting under a tarp, pretty badly surface rusted. I promised this enlarger to Peter De Smidt. I still have to clean up the head rods. Having mobility problems;
    living on Ibuprofen.

Oh, Randy Moe - my condensers are 14" in diameter in a conventional stack and held in-place with a common sheet steel tube bent on a sheet metal brake.
    Jac, yours has a longer stand, perhaps a WAB which has twin lens stage pipes.

My condessors are stock 14" in the OE surround, I can make the rest.
    Tin Can

Looking good, Randy!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

It was never finished. It is all in parts - very nicely restored and painted.
    Looking at your motorcycle I bet you are more meticulous than I.

All good as the kids say.

This floor is almost jackhammer proof as we found out when we dug a giant hole 10 ft down right next to where the pics were taken. Had construction sabotage in the sewer pipe. Big mess, but the same old Polish man who installed my new floor, replaced it it perfectly with no trace of the hell hole I had for 2 weeks.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Looking at your motorcycle I bet you are more meticulous than I.
    That was long ago, before the accidents when I could still bend, lift and balance.
    Now I gotta go. One, maybe two beers, two Ibuprofen, and a nap.