Hello,
I have the above lens that I purchased used for 4x5 but never used it as I decided to go 8x10 and now 11x14. I have been researching on an appropriate price to sell and found that the prices are all over the place which led me into deeper research that there may be different versions??.. Some for $2400, some half that etc. Serial number is 11685519. Also, some are in a copal 3 shutter and the old ads on a popular photography selling store list a copal 0 so not sure why. Mine is a Copal 1. There are also some forums that say they are ED glass and some say it must say SE to be ED glass. One of the descriptions on the above store list ED glass but it only has a S on it. So I am trying to find out a bit of history. Looking at the Rodenstock serial numbers pages that are out there it is somewhere around 2002 (I believe, might be wrong). I have also read about current version vs previous version and not sure about that either.
So, anyone know what all the different copals are and if that means anyting? do I have a current/last version? ED glass or not? Is there a justification for all the price difference? Anyone out there can educate me? I originally purchased at a really great price so I thought until I decided to sell so maybe I didn't. LOL
Thanks for any help.
Dan