Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanderlust Distance Guide

Re: Wanderlust Distance Guide

The camera was conceived and designed as a pouint-n-shoot and sold at a can't-pass-it-up price point. If there is ever ansecond-run or second model there are plenty of short comings to rectify.

As it is now, the TravelWide is a light weight hand holdable camera ideally suited to landscapes in high country. Wish I'd brought mine to Colorado this past week.

For street photography, it can be made to work by presetting a distance and working with that. A length of string with pre measured marks (or knots) can help with close distance, as would a hardware store laser "tape" measure.

Just take the pictures that the camera (with its limitations) will reliably make.Learn to do what it can do best and do that.
    Last edited by Drew Bedo; 18-Jun-2016 at 05:51. Reason: store laser tape measure.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Re: Wanderlust Distance Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    [... snip wise words ...] For street photography, it can be made to work by presetting a distance and working with that. A length of string with pre measured marks (or knots) can help with close distance, as would a hardware store laser "tape" measure.
    Thanks for the reminder. I mounted a Bosch GLM50 laser measure to a zone focus camera and it is working well except in very bright outdoor light. It has a couple tripod mounts which allow me to use one to see the laser-dot through the viewfinder.