Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the status of Shanghai film

Re: the status of Shanghai film

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Meisburger View Post
    I don't think they x-ray packages of film, as I used to have Shanghai film shipped often. Can you tell me who in China sells Lucky sheet film? Many years ago I used to shoot Lucky in color 35mm, and I'd like to try some in 4x5 (I assume its black and white film?).
    Tim,

I meant to reply to your thread. Sorry I don't visit this forum very often.

Cheers,
    Aimin

Thank you Aimin. I have now moved from Thailand to Washington DC (unfortunately). I am still interested in trying some, and happy to try the mail. If your friend will mail internationally, please PM me his email address and I will contact him in Chinese using google translate.

Best, Tim

Vancouver (Burnaby), BC, Canada & Hong Kong, HK

Thank you Aimin. I have now moved from Thailand to Washington DC (unfortunately). I am still interested in trying some, and happy to try the mail. If your friend will mail internationally, please PM me his email address and I will contact him in Chinese using google translate.

Best, Tim
    Tim, if you get that working, I'd be happy to join in a bulk buy if that makes economic sense.

Best, Tim
    Hi Tim,

Mr GUO Zhihua is Lucky Film sales manager in Beijing. His email: guozhihua9696@sina.com. Good luck.
    Aimin

Thank you Aimin. I'll give it a try.

Kevin, I'll let you know if I can work anything out.

Best, Tim

Okay. I've been in touch with Mr. Guo. He says they do not ship overseas, so I should find a friend (or logistics agency) in China who can ship. They will sell in multiples of ten (ten boxes, twenty boxes, thirty boxes, etc.).

I had planned to buy 12 or 24 boxes, assuming I could then pass them at cost to other interested people in the US. At this point I don't know the cost, but assume it is similar to the cost of Shanghai in China. Added to that would be the cost of onward shipping, and any tax that needed to be paid.

So, the next step is to find a friend in China, I guess, if anyone is interested in following up. I'm curious to try the film.

Cheers, Tim

Vancouver (Burnaby), BC, Canada & Hong Kong, HK

Sounds interesting. I don't have any immediate friends in China, though I wonder if you were to contact someone like a Taobao broker (I have used spreenow.com before) maybe they'd be willing to forward ship.

Would be interested in participating in a group buy.

Okay. I've been in touch with Mr. Guo. He says they do not ship overseas, so I should find a friend (or logistics agency) in China who can ship. They will sell in multiples of ten (ten boxes, twenty boxes, thirty boxes, etc.).

I had planned to buy 12 or 24 boxes, assuming I could then pass them at cost to other interested people in the US. At this point I don't know the cost, but assume it is similar to the cost of Shanghai in China. Added to that would be the cost of onward shipping, and any tax that needed to be paid.

So, the next step is to find a friend in China, I guess, if anyone is interested in following up. I'm curious to try the film.

Cheers, Tim
    Dear Tim,
    Good to see you again.
    Someone said the new Lucky negatives were good after testing.
    However, another responses were negative about the coating(pinholes), (inaccurated) sizes, (missing) notches.
    I could help you if you really wanted to give a try.
    The testing result would be up to your luck.
    Lucky, or unlucky?

通过我的 VIE-AL10 上的 Tapatalk发言
    Sometimes love just ain't enough.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierre506/sets/

Okay. I'll PM you the information. Since its a gamble, maybe we buy just ten boxes for now, and then I can send them round to interested people and we can do a review. If it looks good we can then try to get a regular system in place, and also investigate the possibility of 5x7 and 8x10 orders. If you can contact Mr. Guo, I could send you the money for the film and for shipping by PayPal.

Best, Tim

Okay. I'll PM you the information. Since its a gamble, maybe we buy just ten boxes for now, and then I can send them round to interested people and we can do a review. If it looks good we can then try to get a regular system in place, and also investigate the possibility of 5x7 and 8x10 orders. If you can contact Mr. Guo, I could send you the money for the film and for shipping by PayPal.

Best, Tim
    Don't be so hurry, dear Tim,
    My friend will send me a box of new Lucky 12x20 films. I will try them.
    Then I will report to you, or this forum.

通过我的 VIE-AL10 上的 Tapatalk发言
    Sometimes love just ain't enough.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierre506/sets/