Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Burk's LF workshop

Danny Burk's LF workshop

Hey ya'll! Is anyone else planning on attending Danny Burk's LF for beginners workshop next week in the Smokies?

Danny Burk's LF workshop

Ellen,

I'm not a Smokies workshop person since I live here (1 hour away), but I've known Danny for a few years and should be hooking up with him sometime during his stay and roasting some silver halide molecules (or is that dye molecules now?). BTW, the Smokies in spring will be chock full of all sorts of pros, semi-pros, hobbyists (like me), and amateurs, so come on down, the water's fine.

You can monitor spring progress at the SENP "sticky" thread on spring wildflowers.

http://forums.naturephotographers.net/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/1826080172/m/1010008423

Hope to see you shooting the trillium, orchids, shooting stars, rocky streams, and all that stuff.

Steve

Danny Burk's LF workshop

Hi Ellen!

I'm heading down in a few days to do some personal shooting, and look forward to meeting you and all the others in both workshops starting on the 16th.

Watch out if you run into Steve, or he'll get you to join him shooting 8x10

Regards,
    Danny www.dannyburk.com
    Visit www.dannyburk.com for fine photography galleries, drum scanning, instructional workshops and Photoshop tutorial, tips and more

Danny Burk's LF workshop

Yep, and I'd realy like to give 7x17 a whirl...

Steve

Danny Burk's LF workshop

An 8 x 10?!! LOL I gotta get a handle on my 4x5 first But I sure am looking forward to the workshop and to doing some shooting on my own. I'll see ya'll there - take care!

Danny Burk's LF workshop

Ellen,

If you want to try 8x10 say the word - I even have a "spare" 8x10. I'll give you a couple of sheets each B&W and color and let you try your hand. Maybe Danny's other workshop folk would like to see an 8x10 camera and an 8x10 transparency.

Steve

Danny Burk's LF workshop

Wow Steve! If it's not any trouble that'd be great! I've never seen one before nor have I ever seen an 8x10 transparency. Of course, it's probably not wise for me to look at one either LOL

p.s. I'll have to tell my husband that you have a "spare". He's always teasing me about my camera collection but I can't say I have a "spare" of anything unless you count all the old 35mm's that don't work but look awfully pretty on my display shelf :-)

Danny Burk's LF workshop

Ellen,

You got it! I'm on vacation from the 15th through the middle of the second week after. The only definite plan I have is to hike Pogue Creek on the Cumberland escarpment (next to Pickett State Park) with the Nature Conservancy folks on April 15th. This is pretty high priority for me to miss "No Way Joses", but maybe Danny can drag the group over to "Timbers" in Townsend one night and we can all have a second supper get-together.

Steve

Danny Burk's LF workshop

If it's alright with Danny and the rest of the group than that sounds like a plan - thanks Steve!

Danny Burk's LF workshop

I *heart* online communities.

Seriously - that's an awesome offer Steve. Kudos. Enjoy, Ellen - 8x10 can be addictive...(I had to break that habit to stay solvent)