Thread: Anti Newton glass vs Anti-glare glass vs Antif reflective glass vs museum glass

Anti Newton glass vs Anti-glare glass vs Antif reflective glass vs museum glass

Greetings:

Is there a big difference between Anti Newton glass vs Anti-glare glass vs Antif reflective glass vs museum glass in terms of avoiding newton rings when scanning with flatbed scanner.

Anti Newton seems to cost more. Is Anti-glare glass the same thing? Some indicate it is, some indicate it isn't.

Would be nice to know.

Thank you.

Smorton

Re: Anti Newton glass vs Anti-glare glass vs Antif reflective glass vs museum glass

You might start with this recent discussion:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...-glass-exactly

Re: Anti Newton glass vs Anti-glare glass vs Antif reflective glass vs museum glass

Great question. I've been pulling my hair out over the same issue. Anti Newton for 4x5 or larger seems almost impossible to find. I too would love to know alternative products, or procedures, to avoid this issue. The Epson v850 pro hase anti newton layer on their 4x5 film holder but I have not had a chance to test it as yet. Would love to hear some of what is said in replies to your post.