I bought a box of x-ray film which turned out to not be what I wanted. It's double-sided and green-sensitive where I wanted the blue-sensitive, single-sided. I'll be listing it--and the extra box they sent me that I didn't order but got for free a week later--here shortly. At any rate, I'm trying to get my hands around x-ray film and so far I've met with really meh results. I like my paper negatives better so far.

The problem, besides scratches (I'm even using a piece of lexan in the bottom of my developer trays), is some weird uneven development. Paper negatives come out just fine, but using the same diluted Aristadol on the x-ray film results in splotchy development that is mostly unusable. Here's an example of what I'm seeing:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VW_1_md.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	149222 *

The development is pretty uneven all around the frame.

Is it the dilute developer I'm using? Should I increase the concentration and not cut my stock solution down so much? I'm trying not to agitate more than necessary because the scratches are hard to control but if I'm going to get uneven development, then I need to do something else to get better results. I've got some PMK Pyro mixed up in stock and ready to use but wanted to try this out first. Maybe the Aristadol is not good for x-ray film?

* Rittreck View 5x7 Fuji 180/5.6 4s @ f32