Hey everyone! I have read the main site cover to cover now. I purchased via eBay a Horseman HD just yesterday and am VERY excited to get started with LF! I have just a few questions, please don't flame me if these are "bad" questions, I am openly admitting being a newbie. I have done my research, but ask for individual advice as this board seems full of very knowledge (and sometimes smart ass from much reading of the forum ) individuals! I'm sure many more questions will arise over time, but I try to keep my posts low as so much information can be found via search!

1) Does anyone have any tips on buying used film holders? There are thousands on eBay, KEH has a handfull, B&H, etc. However just getting started, I'd like to have at least a few (thinking 4-5?) reliable holders. What I read is they are pretty much all identical, but I'm not real sure if there is anything that can be done to be sure you buy good ones (work smooth and don't leak light!) online.

2) Lopues. I read many threads here on different suggestions, but most all had dead links and I was able to find some of them via google. This one came up a number of times: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._5x_Loupe.html Though I don't want to scrach the ground glass, so the plastic of that does concern me a bit. Is that still considered a good one (wrapped in black tape) or is there something else I should look at? The one I purchased has the back curtain option thing of Horseman, so I'm going to try to use that before getting a cloth to go over me and see how that goes first. I'm thinking I may need a longer one for that. There are a few on eBay that look decent, but are all from China and around $90 so not positive of the quality.

3) Film: Due to the prices of film and the likelihood of some failures when starting, I think I will start with B/W. I've shot and like Delta 100 on 35mm as well as Acros. My main 35mm B/W is TriX, but its quite pricey for 4x5 compared to the Ilford films. Anything I should know different then 35mm with these (other then the grain being less apparent)? This brings me to #4

4) I currently process film with a Patterson System tank (the 2 reel), so it looks like I need another tank for 4x5. I'm looking at this as its very similar to what I am used to. My main developer is Rodenol, and feedback/pointers for this tank/reel setup? I haven't read much about 4x5 shooters using Rodenol, is there a reason for that? I'm looking at adding DDX to my mix too.

5) Anything I'm missing from this list: Film back(s), cable release (short and locking), loupe, tripod? That I need to look out (camera has the lens I wanted, Rodenstock 135mm -N as well)

6) How hard is it to shoot FP100C? Is it just like putting a different filmholder on (the fuji holder) or is it much more complex? I think that having quick feedback while learning may help, though I could be way off on this.

I do plan on shooting color quite often, and Velvia 50 is my favorite film, so that's a hurdle I will have to deal with soon-ish. I shoot mostly landscapes.

Thank you all for any advice and I'm glad to be part of the community!