Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URGENT help identify rodenstock lens

URGENT help identify rodenstock lens

hi, please could you help me identify this lens? cant do it myself its quite urgent thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails objektiv.jpg  

Re: URGENT help identify rodenstock lens

Just put it up for auction and let the world decide what it is and how much it is worth.

I guess it's the other way around and the OP considers buying one on ebay... I don't know the lens, it seems to be highly uncommon (http://www.largeformatphotography.in...astignar-285mm). What I can read is Anastignar-Satz F/..., indicating that it is (part of) a convertible set and the aperture/focal length information is just around the bend. Do you have any further images?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael E View Post
    I guess it's the other way around and the OP considers buying one on ebay... I don't know the lens, it seems to be highly uncommon (http://www.largeformatphotography.in...astignar-285mm). What I can read is Anastignar-Satz F/..., indicating that it is (part of) a convertible set and the aperture/focal length information is just around the bend. Do you have any further images?

Yes right I am considering buying it but as you said its it probably uncomon, what price would you tag it? I am new to LF

and yes there is one more photo this is it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails objektiv 2.jpg  

also there are 2 more things i need to help identify two lenses the first two photos are the same lens, the third one looks like this :http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Projection-le...3D172070335585

and the last photo i know its a bit off topic i am just wondering what do you think is the yellow stuff in the viewing lens? if you guys think its worth buying and cleaning its the oldest version of Rolleiflex standard i think(sorry for offtopic)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails objektivis.jpg   objekt.jpg   cocka.jpg   6007898556.jpg  

Asking about active auction items is not considered appropriate here - even when they must be considered uninteresting for just about everyone who reads this!

sorry didnt see anything wrong about asking i needed info so i asked didnt mean to do anything bad

I wouldn't consider asking purely technical questions about these items inappropriate - but I'm not a moderator.

All information I found about the Voigtländer Helomar points toward a three-element lens that was used for viewfinders and later as taking lens for Bessa rangefinder cameras. (http://www.schoebels-voigtlaender-ar...ildEBessa.html) I'd expect a very basic lens, covering (at 180mm) somewhere between 4x5" and 5x7", but that is just speculation. The barrel is unusual, especially the improvised aperture scale. It was probably remounted.

The other lens looks like a movie projection lens.

The yellow discoloration looks like a corroded mirror. That and probably the reflection of the cardboard box.

A lot of speculation here, sorry. Good luck!

For the record it is not from an ebay auction
    I just used that ebay link as a reference for the picture of "projection" lens I provided to confirm if it is the same as on ebay.