So, this past weekend I rather impulsively purchased an Omega D3 "Automega" enlarger from Craigslist. It came with a focusing track for a 135mm Rodagon lens and a 1 1/2" lens cone for a 75-80mm lens. This is my first enlarger, I've never even made a print in the darkroom before, although it's something I've wanted to do for a while now. I had done some research about the D3 prior to purchase and was aware of some of its "quirks", although maybe not completely prepared for what I got myself into.

I've got a few thoughts/concerns/questions.

I have since purchased a 135mm Rodagon, but I'm having some problems finding a 4 1/4" lens cone. I thought I found one at my local camera shop, but it turned out to be for a D2. I've found a few places online that sell them, but the prices are very high (twice what I paid for the enlarger.) I'll probably post a WTB in the For Sale/Wanted forum. But if anybody knows where I might find a reasonably priced cone, please let me know.

Secondly, the bellows are in pretty rough shape; dry and with a number of pinprick holes. I think I can tape them up, but eventually they will need a replacement. I've found nothing online for replacement bellows. I may end up making them myself.

Lastly, I believe the D3 requires a 1 inch high easel for it to focus correctly. Any idea where I might find one? That's not a spec that is very common when looking for easels. I suppose I could always shim a thinner easel too.

I've got a bit of buyer's remorse at the moment. I kind of wish I would have waited for a nice D2 or D5 to become available. On the other hand, I'm excited for the project of finding everything I need, restoring what I have, and... eventually... making prints.