Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deardorff Bellows Replacement

Deardorff Bellows Replacement

I replaced the bellows in my vintage Deardorff 8X10 but have stumbled into a problem. When I attempt to close the camera I notice that the bellows come into contact with the lock screws for the rear swing. This will surely damage the bellows.
    Any thoughts? Bellows was product of Japan purchased on Ebay.

Thanks, Steve

Re: Deardorff Bellows Replacement

I bought a 8x10 Deardorff bellow from Tokyo-photo on eBay and have the similar problem. I move the knobs to middle position when I close the camera.

I believe that is who I purchased this bellows from. I have had other Deardorffs in the past and don't remember this being an issue. I would think this would eventually wear through the bellows..

What did the bellows manufacturer say about it?

Have not yet contacted them, just discovered this issue....

I've got a V8 bellows haven't fogged film yet but they will need to be replaced at some point, I'm very interested in how this works out. I have even thought of sending mine to the "new" old Deardorff fellow in Tennessee, just haven't been able to justify the cost just yet. I see this seller is from Japan, are the bellows actually made in Japan to the best of your knowledge?
    Best Regards, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    I've got a V8 bellows haven't fogged film yet but they will need to be replaced at some point, I'm very interested in how this works out. I have even thought of sending mine to the "new" old Deardorff fellow in Tennessee, just haven't been able to justify the cost just yet. I see this seller is from Japan, are the bellows actually made in Japan to the best of your knowledge?
    Best Regards, Mike
    Mike,

Whomever you choose to get the work done or purchase a bellows from, you might want to do a search on the potential vendor's name, as there are considerable resources on the site to research, including a whole Advisory section.

Unless you are the adventurous type and like to experience a well-travelled road without any bias, and learn on your own...

Just a caution,

Len

Send yours to Tennessee? Tokyo V8 bellow is well made. I like it. The frames are already installed on bellow. It is very easy to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    Best Regards, Mike

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate the info.
    Mike

Although several have had good experience with a couple different asian bellows vendors, my one foray was disappointing, and I still give Custom Bellows UK my vote every time. I re-rebellow'ed several 8x10s, Deardorffs and others, as well as custom sizes from 5"x8" up to 20"x24".........
    Tell them what you want, what you expect, as what your options are.....have a dialog, and you should get a great result. Turnaround times are not bad either.They do mount bellows to frames for an additional fee, which is worth it in my mind.
    http://www.custombellows.co.uk/
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com