I'm trying to find less than full case quantities of C-41 Chemistry that doesn't use a blix. I finally figured out that Kodak SM chemistry will work right out of the box. No starters for developer and bleach. If you use a running water wash you can skip the stabilizer. Developer, bleach, fixer and final rinse solutions is all you need for a 8 oz Nikor tank or a CPP3 with 18 sheets of 4x5. I found that a company called Unique photo will sell half cases of developer (seem to remember that works out to 4 3 liter batches) Why doesn't somebody sell 5 L kits of chemistry that can be used in manual processing. I don't like the 3 bath kits, I've used them, they work but I still feel like I'm giving something up.

I've tried the "press kits" Stuff is terrible, the shelf life of the powders are not as good as Tetenal liquid chemistry and looks like mud when mixed. Not for my Portra and Ektar!

I'm probably going to just buy a Tetenal 5 L 3 bath kit. I've had excellent results with their E-6. Tetenal is a great resource. I'm just guessing but all the Kodak Rapid Fix now says made in Germany on it, I figure it's from Tetenal, which is fine by me.

I just can't figure out Kodak Alaris, they are to a significant extent still counting on film and paper to fund the Kodak UK pensions yet you have to bend over backwards to buy their product and they won't even cut and package color paper.

What a revoltin' development this is!