Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White spots on paper.

Re: White spots on paper.

If you can't see the spots on the print what is the problem? Posting them to the forums here?

now that Bill mentioned it I've had white spots on drum scanned negatives that didn't show up on my darkroom prints. I know that my friend did a good job cleaning the negatives, and I was too lazy.
    So it could well have been the reflections of the surface of the silver gelatin emulsion.

I have found that the packaging of photo paper is generally not as dust-free as the packaging of film.

So if you can see these dust marks on the print (perhaps using a magnifier), then the dust may be coming from the photo paper itself, and you may need to brush off each sheet before loading it into your clean holders.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Artist View Post
    ...Oh, I also often have dust attach it's self to my darkslides in the field. When that happens I use a squirt of lens cleaner and the lens cloth to clean it before sliding it out.
    My first workshop (LF in Page, AZ) was back in 1985. A few participants were from the computer industry in Silicon Valley. They had measured the static generated by pulling the darkslides at different speeds. Pulling faster created a significantly more static compared to pulling slowly.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    If you can't see the spots on the print what is the problem? Posting them to the forums here?
    General interest. And if I use expensive film I wouldn't want those spots on there when scanning.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Artist View Post
    now that Bill mentioned it I've had white spots on drum scanned negatives that didn't show up on my darkroom prints. I know that my friend did a good job cleaning the negatives, and I was too lazy.
    So it could well have been the reflections of the surface of the silver gelatin emulsion.
    Now that you said this I checked the print itself with my 8x loupe. I cannot find any spots whatsoever! So it might just really be the paper reflecting the scanner light in some weird way!