Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B&H Photo workers start drive to unionize

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: B&H Photo workers start drive to unionize

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    ... Henry Posner, B&H's representative who's a member of this forum, is certainly aware of the news media coverage and resulting activity at multiple forums. I have no inside information, but strongly suspect that B&H's lawyer(s) advised the firm not to make any comment about the allegations.
    No doubt... and the B&H legal team has probably told him to zip his lips... as you said. That is what is right for all parties involved, including us flies on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    ... zip his lips... as you said. That is what is right for all parties involved, including us flies on the wall.
    What?!? You want internet forums to refrain from wild speculation and jumping to conclusions? Heresy!

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Burn me at a stake... please! That's what they do with heretics isn't it? It's been that kind of day and it isn't getting any better. Poor me.

I don't necessarily think we should keep quiet on this. If B&H realise that people will stop shopping there, that may encourage them (unlikely imo) to begin earnest (presuming it hasn't been so far but that's just speculation) negotiations to rebuild the relationship between employer and employee.

If the staff who are fighting to unionise find there's no support for them, then they have to weigh that but most union drives aren't attached to public support. It's about equitable and safe working conditions for employees that motivate labour organisation. Even the most right wing of businesses can become union shops if enough workers agree to it.

Regardless, I'm looking at other options until this situation is resolved. That may mean biting my tongue and accepting Freestyle's horrendous shipping charges to Canada. or paying the ridiculous markups on imported film products.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

I'm going to close this. Members are obviously free to follow the story through the news media and make whatever decisions they wish, but this is not the appropriate venue to discuss issues surrounding unionization, and it's pointless to speculate about who is going to say what, where, why or about what might follow.

If B&H wishes to post an official statement we can include it in the thread.