Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Euryscop II and Probable CC Harrsion radial drive lens found

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Re: Euryscop II and Probable CC Harrsion radial drive lens found

It's always an experiment, eh Jim? Who knows, maybe it will give a wonderful effect, and a year from now we'll all be shooting or RR's with the front element replaced by a diopter!
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    It's always an experiment, eh Jim? Who knows, maybe it will give a wonderful effect, and a year from now we'll all be shooting or RR's with the front element replaced by a diopter!
    Shush Mark. I'm trying to get the price down! Actually Jim Fitzgerald has one he swears by. Same problem. Same fix.

Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    Imagine when someone who knows lenses (the random 1 out of 1,000,000 person) sees a Euryscop II lens on your desk! He'll think to himself, "man what a dummy, he probably unscrewed the end of that rare lens to put the pencils in it, and lost it..."
    I know what the 2 I have are. but somebody lost 1/2 of one and all glass from the other. I still need to hand sift a mountain of 'stuff' to see if the glass is 'saved' somewhere.

Occasionally I find almost the right thing, but then it's a glass blank and I am disappointed. The deceased owner also was making telescopes...

And you are right, I am passing right over other stuff I don't know enough about. I wrote one member here about the tiniest lens I ever saw, one guess who that was.

But I never toss anything...

So it goes.
    Tin Can

Thanks to a friend, I found a correct radial drive knob for this American Petzval! Now, on to the hood....

And yes, it's already being used, perhaps for the first time in generations:

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Groovy!
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Shush Mark. I'm trying to get the price down! Actually Jim Fitzgerald has one he swears by. Same problem. Same fix.
    Quiet, I'm not saying anything as I collect my stash!! I need to break out that 18" Voigtlander again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Actually me and Garrett never got close on this one, and it would be a brilliant lens for some one. My hoard seems to be receding these days. Lenses, not Fords.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

I got lucky on that lens. Found an old glass diopter that fit perfect. I've thinned the heard a bit but like all of us many will go to the grave with me.

The Euryscop II is in good hands, and with someone who will very likely have access to the correct missing glass, soon. I would never have been able to fix it, so let it go.

Like Jim, I've moved some of my hobby out of lenses, and into other antiques. I've sold some very rare ones, like the Voigtlander 6B Quick Worker (huge F3.5 Petzval), and bought a 1958 Cardinal camper, for example. Got a lot of other neat antiques I can use now too. You can't use all the lenses at once. But I do keep growing my Radial Drive collection.

Foamer

Early CC Harrison Petzvals had a square mount for the focus mechanism. My CCH lens has the square one and the serial dates it to 1851. So, yours has to be later than that if it's a CCH. As for the hood, might be able to find a machine shop to make one? I've been thinking of having SK Grimes make a rack & pinion gear & knob for my early Voigtlander Petzval, out of brass.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!