Well, just got back from photographing. Left Thursday morning for a couple nights of backpacking in the redwoods along Redwood Creek (Redwood National Park). Perfect weather...everything cleaned up with the recent rain and the creek up a couple inches. Times of no wind. Nights stayed semi-clear the first night and clear the second -- great stars!

Before the trip I searched and searched around the house for my 4x5 -- cleverly hidden from myself in my last move (July). Had to take the 5x7 instead, but only could find 5 holders so that is what I went with. Loaded them up with TMax400 and actually came back with 2 sheets unexposed. . I carried the camera on the tripod over my shoulder on the way in, but was able to put the camera in my pack and strap the tripod to my pack on the way out (more room in the pack with the food and beer gone). Not too far...just 1.25 miles down to the creek and then a few miles up the creek bed with several crossings. Pretty steep hike up back to the van, but did pretty good for an old man...good to be alive! I went with a friend and he carried my two lenses and light meter up the hill for me.

Might be a couple weeks before I process the negatives...have to go to Hawaii (just taking the Rolleiflex!)