Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "View Camera Store" ... ? ...

Re: "View Camera Store" ... ? ...

With personal experience Fred and Dennis are great people to deal with, these are people who need the community's support. There are less of them around for all our benefit.
    Tom

Don Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Kibbe View Post
    I want to thank Rainer for pointing this out to us. The View Camera Store, as most of you know, is a REAL BUSINNESS and has been so for 11 years. Our online store uses the excellent Open Source osCommerce e-commerce package and while we've added extra security to protect credit card numbers, which are never stored on the server, we left alot of the graphics, etc. stock.

So what Rainer is seeing is the default boilerplate text for the German language option which we never thought to change. I'm sure that the Spanish language option says the same thing! Rainer is quite correct in assuming that we are only a DEMO even though we are REAL. Funny that we've filled dozens of orders from Germany with no one else mentioning it!

Thanks Rainer!

Dennis Kibbe
    The View Camera Store
    Dennis - you guys have been in business a lot longer than 11 years -- I used to visit you up in Cave Creek for 3-4 years before I moved away from Phoenix, and that was in July, 1997 (12.5 years ago I moved away). An excellent store then, and I am sure equally good since you've moved to Fountain Hills. Fred and Dennis have always been helpful and filled every order promptly that I've given them
    Best regards
    Don Nelson

Another vote for the ''View Camera Store''. Fred does great film tests and the BTZS tubes make film developing a pleasure. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by kev curry View Post
    Another vote for the ''View Camera Store''. Fred does great film tests and the BTZS tubes make film developing a pleasure. Highly recommended.
    Agreed on both counts. Except as a learning technique I don't know why anyone does their own film testing when TVCS will do it for you for about $30 and give you more and better information than you can get on your own. When I used to do the testing myself it wasn't unusual to go through a box of film so $30 may be about what you'd pay doing it yourself.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Don7x17 View Post
    Dennis - you guys have been in business a lot longer than 11 years -- I used to visit you up in Cave Creek for 3-4 years before I moved away from Phoenix, and that was in July, 1997 (12.5 years ago I moved away). An excellent store then, and I am sure equally good since you've moved to Fountain Hills. Fred and Dennis have always been helpful and filled every order promptly that I've given them
    Best regards
    Don Nelson
    Don,

Look closely and you'll see Dennis' post is from 2005 So add 5 years to the 11 mentioned way back when.

Best,

Been a customer since 2000, and have always been very happy.
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Edmondson View Post
    I couldn't agree more... I have purchased several items from Fred over the course of the last few years and always found him to be first-class in every respect! Wish I could say the same of ALL of the dealers.
    Indeed a very helpful guy and prompt shipping too.

I haven't bought as much from View Camera Store as I would like, but what I have purchased arrived quickly, extremely well packed and precisely as ordered. I cannot recommend his operation hightly enough. And you guys can say all you want about your Blackjacket focusing cloths. I ain't tradin' the BTZS one I got from VCS for anything.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

I'm in England, but I bought some small LF accessories from the View Camera online store last october for shipment to Richard Ritter's Vermont address where I was due to attend a LF workshop. I recall Fred being extremely helpful in organising this, the sales service was second to none. And that was just from the online store!

The View Camera Store is a quality business. As stated, their film testing and support of BTZS is excellent also.