Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kodak 2D repairs - an idiot check,

Kodak 2D repairs - an idiot check,

Hopefully finalising a purchase of a 2D - there's a fair bet that the bellows will be needing replaced before actual shooting - can't see any listed by rudy on eBay - has anyone had experience with this seller? - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kodak-East...item1c539787b2

Also there is a larger bed to support the camera and extension rail (looks like it runs the whole length) - For compactness I'd prefer something like the original sliding clamp; this is the bit I'm a little fuzzy on, am I right in thinking it is just a clamp i.e there's not a geared track that it travels on? As I'd likely have it that bit longer than the original, most likely the same length as the extension rail or just a little shorter.

Re: Kodak 2D repairs - an idiot check,

I bought a bellow from Tokyophoto for my Deardorff V8 and like it. Good service and reliable. The bellow came with frames.

A relevant question I've been pondering: the Kodak 2-D has an internal bellows-support bracket to prevent sagging. To anyone who has replaced their original bellows: did you keep or remove this bracket with the new bellows? How did they perform? Any sagging with new bellows without the original bracket?

The original "sliding block" is about 3 or 4 inches long, and slides along the bottom (of three) grooves cut into the the base rails, and clamps to it with a knob and shaft that squeezes against the sides of the camera rail.
    Very useful to balance the camera on the tripod.
    Real cameras are measured in inches...
    Not pixels.

www.photocollective.org

I owned a Kodak 2D before. The bellow was not original, no surpporting bracket, but worked fine.

I have put one of Rudys bellows on the D2 I own. Works and looks good, do not have the little D ring for bellows sag, but have not needed one yet.

Hi,

I have an 8x18 2D and like it. I think the red bellows were replaced at some time in the past; an old restoration as they say. Sag hasn't been a problem .The sliding block is a big help in maintaining balance and in macro focusing. They come up regularly on e-bay and in the WTB/FS forum here.

BTW: I am looking for a late modl extension rail; the version with the screw-in type of fastener and locating pegs. . . .ANYONE?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Rudy will make a bellows to your specs. I've gone to an unrelated bellows listing of his and used "contact the seller" to ask him how to proceed with a special request. He will either lead you to an appropriate listing or ask you to purchase one of his listings and add your desired specs in the paypal checkout message.
    Thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    Hi,

I have an 8x18 2D and like it. I think the red bellows were replaced at some time in the past; an old restoration as they say. Sag hasn't been a problem .The sliding block is a big help in maintaining balance and in macro focusing. They come up regularly on e-bay and in the WTB/FS forum here.

BTW: I am looking for a late modl extension rail; the version with the screw-in type of fastener and locating pegs. . . .ANYONE?

I have never seen or heard of an 8X18 2D.

The extension rail. What size 2D is it for? 5x7, full plate, 8x10, 7X11, 11x14 ?

Typo, I think....8x18 = 8x10....