Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Landscape of Tibet, 4X5 format

Landscape of Tibet, 4X5 format

Tibet, Potala Palace, Mt.Everest, Lhasa River Valley
    fuji velvia50/velvia100 4X5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nEO_IMG_Untitled-42.jpg   nEO_IMG_Untitled-17.jpg   nEO_IMG_Untitled-2.jpg   nEO_IMG_Untitled-3.jpg  

Re: Landscape of Tibet, 4X5 format

Very nice! Probably someplace I will never get to. Number 3 really does it for me!

Also for me, the #3 catches more my attention. What a wonder of place to photograph it would be,

Cheers,

Renato

Wow! I agree on the 3rd image. A friend was asking me to go on a trip from Hongkong (I guess via shenzen) to Tibet by train….one of these days hopefully.

Nice work.

Anything you wish to share about your journey and experiences, I ask living vicariously as many of us do.

I had often thought that if I went there I would not return (unless converted to Tibetan Buddhism in which case I would return I expect ; so let's see more images if you wish to share.

I have been so impressed with so many images from here, yours among them (#3).

Cheers,

PDM

I never been there until last year, Tibet is so far away from my home city, I have to take 20+ hours train from Shanghai to Xining city, and another 20+ hours train from Xining city to Lhasa. But I think It's totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by macolive View Post
    Wow! I agree on the 3rd image. A friend was asking me to go on a trip from Hongkong (I guess via shenzen) to Tibet by train….one of these days hopefully.
    The only railway lead you to Tibet is Qinghai-Tibet Railway(Xining city to Lhasa), and I think it is the best way to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by pdmoylan View Post
    Nice work.

Anything you wish to share about your journey and experiences, I ask living vicariously as many of us do.

I had often thought that if I went there I would not return (unless converted to Tibetan Buddhism in which case I would return I expect ; so let's see more images if you wish to share.

I have been so impressed with so many images from here, yours among them (#3).

Cheers,

PDM
    Thanks pdmoylan! You definitely should go and visit the Potala Palace!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nEO_IMG_Untitled-21.jpg   nEO_IMG_Untitled-27.jpg   nEO_IMG_Untitled-9-3.jpg   nEO_IMG_Untitled-6.jpg  

Tibet is very likely not a place I will get to in this lifetime, maybe the next one.
    At 70, I just don't have the knees anymore for a long trek.

But, may I ask about going there with large format cameras and film? Do the border and customs people have any problem with sealed boxes of film? Do they want to open the film boxes or X-ray them?

Hugo Zhang went there last year with his large format REFLEX camera :-)