Thread: Laptop style case with the best protection for 8x10 film holders?

Laptop style case with the best protection for 8x10 film holders?

What's the best case with the best protection for holding an 8x10 film holder? I'm looking for something that's like a laptop style case and I'm only looking to store one film holder per case.

Laptop style case with the best protection for 8x10 film holders?

"JustInCase" brand at the apple stores for 13" laptops fit perfectly.

Re: Laptop style case with the best protection for 8x10 film holders?

Is it just a neoprene sleeve or does it have a hard protection area? I'm looking for something that can handle being thrown in a backpack without having to worry if anything else in my backpack is pushing on the darkslides. I have quite a few film holders that have a very soft darkslide that is why I am wanting a hard protection case

Re: Laptop style case with the best protection for 8x10 film holders?

Quote Originally Posted by axs810 View Post
    Is it just a neoprene sleeve or does it have a hard protection area? I'm looking for something that can handle being thrown in a backpack without having to worry if anything else in my backpack is pushing on the darkslides. I have quite a few film holders that have a very soft darkslide that is why I am wanting a hard protection case
    There's a few, the one I have is a laptop case but they make neoprene too, you'll have to just go into a store or look online, if you google the brand I'm sure you'll see, your requirements may be different than my own.

I found the case too bulky, switched to Chamonix holders (which come in sleeves and have better and stiffer dark slides) and use photobackpacker cascades to hold my holders.