Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kodak Ektar 203mm f7.7 worth keeping?

Re: Kodak Ektar 203mm f7.7 worth keeping?

Quote Originally Posted by rfesk View Post
    Ian,

Can you tell any difference in the imaging between the two? Mine is with Prontor SVS #0 and came from the UK. It has many (??)
    image blades to form a round iris to help bokeh in some situations.
    The Prontor #0 has more aperture blades than the Compur #1 so stopping down the aperture is fractionally rounder, I think you'd be hard pushed to see any differences in image quality/out of focus areas.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by leighmarrin View Post
    The 127mm f4.7 Ektar in Supermatic shutter is quite common and cheap. But would the cell spacing be the same transfering the 203mm Ektar cells to a Supermatic borrowed from a 127mm Ektar?
    I finally got around to checking the interchangeability of year EO 203mm and year ET 127mm Ektars in Flash Supermatic shutters. They appear to be perfectly interchangeable except for the aperture scale. The barrel length and threads are the same, and the depth of the aperture from the faces of the shutter is the same as checked with cheap calipers. If I had to make this swap for my own use, applying a one stop aperture correction would save the bother of changing the aperture scales, and might be close enough for anything except critical transparency exposures.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    I finally got around to checking the interchangeability of year EO 203mm and year ET 127mm Ektars in Flash Supermatic shutters. They appear to be perfectly interchangeable except for the aperture scale. The barrel length and threads are the same, and the depth of the aperture from the faces of the shutter is the same as checked with cheap calipers. If I had to make this swap for my own use, applying a one stop aperture correction would save the bother of changing the aperture scales, and might be close enough for anything except critical transparency exposures.
    Thank you for this very useful information based on real world experience.
    David

Sorry Ralph Barker