Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compur shutter lubrication

Compur shutter lubrication

I am cleaning and relubricating some of my old compur shutters.

I opened the front and cleaned by a ethanol bath followed by a cleaning gas bath.

Now when they are dry again I will relube, has anyone experience.

I have
    Nyoil
    Koch Uhrenöl 2 (clock oil 2)
    Synco Lube with PTFE

any recommendations?

Re: Compur shutter lubrication

Depends on which shutters, though general places to lubricate are the same. Hopefully this link will work http://www.scribd.com/doc/44503560/C...-Manual#scribd - Should be a link to the Compur repair manual. Not sure how this affects dial set compurs though, but at least it's a start.

Direct link to html version on another site, at the Lubrication chapter - http://www.suaudeau.eu/memo/rep/comp...air/12-01.html

So the first of the shutters is reassebled and works as new. (maybe, wasn't really there in 1925)
    I lubed it with the Synco lube, always with shutter motions.
    Semms to bei fine, at least at the moment. Unlubed after cleaning with gas, it wasnt running the long times due to to large restance, with lubrication it is fine.

De- and reassembly of the Dial Set Compur is straightforward and there are no pitfalls.

I think i will do the second shutter with Koch Uhrenöl" (watch oil). But I am not sure, it is no synthetic oil, but Paraffin and Mineral oil???

When I did this, using the lubrication schedule from that manual, it was fine at first, but after some days the long speeds got too slow again. Had to do it again. Now the long speeds are off by 1.3X, but I don’t care, I usually need more exposure anyway.

Did you get the oil on the blades?

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Did you disassemble the shutter completely when you cleaned?

no, you only have to remove the dials in the front, just bring shutter to one second, and open all screws in the front. Remeber how the disks at the time wheel were...
    then it is open and for ease of cleaning and lubricating, I put the time disk an the cocking lever back... then i rinsed with petrol while using the shutter.

When it is dreid up completely I lubricated all moving parts (except the blades). The blades are in a save position, they dont get oil from the mechanism.

one shutter was not working, because the pin that moves under the time disk was bent... Just bent to the upright again, the shutter works again...

all parts are fixed when you open the front plate, there is no risk to dislocate parts....

no, you only have to remove the dials in the front, just bring shutter to one second, and open all screws in the front. Remeber how the disks at the time wheel were...
    then it is open and for ease of cleaning and lubricating, I put the time disk an the cocking lever back... then i rinsed with petrol while using the shutter.

When it is dreid up completely I lubricated all moving parts (except the blades). The blades are in a save position, they dont get oil from the mechanism, if you dont flood the shutter with lubricant... they are in a extra compartment below the shutter...

one shutter was not working, because the pin that moves under the time disk was bent... Just bent to the upright again, the shutter works again...

all parts are fixed when you open the front plate, there is no risk to dislocate parts....

i think the sping under the cocking lever has to get enough lubrication.... it can be al little bit rusty!

I still have twor tasks to do.

first I have get access to the blade mechanism of a Dial Set, any Tips?

second: I have to clean two Ring-Synchro Compur, any tips for opening the body?