Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ektascan 14X17 availability

Ektascan 14X17 availability

I talked to http://www.zzmedical.com/analog-x-ra...ideo-film.html

And they told me, as you can see in the changed webpage that 14X17 Ektascan IS available now with a 2 week lead time. They changed the webpage after my call. I am a regular volume customer.

8x10 Ektascan has been available all along.

I have my case of 14X17 Ektascan in the works. it is fresh dated for mid 2016. They dropship from Rochester, so it must be Kodak made on the old line. How could it not be?

Previously most, if not all suppliers said this 14X17 Ektascan was out of production and unavailable. There used to be 2 more sizes that are gone, both ULF.

News you may use, as you see fit.
    Tin Can

Re: Ektascan 14X17 availability

Hell yeah.

Not that I know anything about this possibility, but the sudden availability of ULF Ektascan SEEMS to coincide with a Kodak special run of different 'Normal' film...
    Tin Can

Lachlan 717

Randy,

Do you know if this is this single or double sided coating?
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 717 View Post
    Randy,

Do you know if this is this single or double sided coating?
    This is single sided, with an antihalation backing.

There are lots of users here and quite a bit of info available.

Some say it's too expensive and prefer the cheaper 2 sided film, but I always scratch that film as my fingers are clumsy.

I cut this under red LED to all sizes down to 6x6cm Hasselblad sheet film holders.
    Tin Can

It's also a T-Grain film.

I'm still waiting on another member, I was part of a group buy that was supposed to happen 1-2 months ago for it, and he said there was some issue and it was taking longer than expected. I hope this is true since I now own 3 14x17 holders and no film... :/

Buy a case.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Buy a case.
    I cannot afford 500 sheets of this film.

I'm already doing a group buy for 8x10 Velvia50 and Acros100 from Japan so I suppose I could organize my own of this as well, but I really don't want to. Maybe you'll sell me one of your boxes.

Also, I had given my discount code to the other person so that my box would be cheaper and the person would save money too, and so now I have no discount code...

I think it's still happening on his end but I haven't heard back from him in 2 days, ULF people tend to move slow so it's possible he's still booting up his computer and will finish typing in a few days

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I cannot afford 500 sheets of this film.

I'm already doing a group buy for 8x10 Velvia50 and Acros100 from Japan so I suppose I could organize my own of this as well, but I really don't want to. Maybe you'll sell me one of your boxes.

Also, I had given my discount code to the other person so that my box would be cheaper and the person would save money too, and so now I have no discount code...

I think it's still happening on his end but I haven't heard back from him in 2 days, ULF people tend to move slow so it's possible he's still booting up his computer and will finish typing in a few days
    I am not selling any of my film. I want a lifetime supply. Since I may go to Valhalla at any moment, who knows?

I am worried it is NOS, maybe fresh boxed and could disappear at any time. In January we were told it was discontinued by our source. Games.

Now it's suddenly available. I chose to not gamble and buy now. I use it in 2 cameras, an 11x14 and 7x17. Maybe I make a foam core 14x17, maybe I won't. That's a winter project. Now it's time to boogie.

I am a long time buyer from ZZ and the discount is only for new customers. I noticed it and got the whole 5% discount with a phone call for this last and largest order.

Tin Can

I just built a set of 14x17 tanks for captain walnut. I'd love to build a 7x17 camera but won't do it til I run out of color film for my current cameras, which at this rate will be decades down the road. I hadn't thought about cutting down 14x17. I even had a box of this stuff that someone gave me several years ago. I ended up passing it on to captain walnut (j.fitzgerald) I hope your order works out. Contact prints!